I want to divorce my tunisian husband to remarry
  • Iam currantly married to a man that used me for a visa, he is now illegally living in uk as his visa expired we split in first year of him coming here and I went to leave in tunisia and met another man we have been together 2 years and we want to marry! So I've come back to uk to divorce my husband, but I've heard I need to register my divorce in tunisia to marry my boyfriend. How do I do this??? Hope someone can help
  • You need the help of  Tunisian lawyer for this. I have been to the Tunisian court records office with a Tunisian woman friend and its a nightmare without a lawyer.My friends lawyer charged her the equivalent of £30 this was in 2011.

    Sorry to say Tunisians want to come UK or Europe I hope husband number two is a keeper. Good luck.
  • Hi thanks for you reply! Did u manage to register your divorce? And where is the courts record office?? Thanks
  • The divorce was registered in Tunisia and my friend got her divorce decree from the Court record office.

    I do not have the address of the court office in Sousse as we went both times with the lawyer. The lawyer who helped my friend is  : -
    Anouar GHACHEM  his email is <anouar-ghachem@orange.fr> He spoke good English and was very pleasant and helpful.
  • Thanks for that, I will email him tomorrow. Can I ask did your friend divorce in uk. As this is what I'm doing and someone has just told me that I can't register my uk divorce there, sorry for so many questions, I'm just so stress and don't want my partner getting in trouble as I'm still legally married in tunisia.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion