Can my husband and I stay in the same hotel in Egypt?
  • i wonder that can i stay in the hotel with my husband ?? ... we're muslim ... and only do nikah 1 year ago ... 
    i have Nikah certificate from thai not Nikah 'urfi
    he's an egyptian ... but now he's an american citizen ... holding american passport ... and i'm thai ... 
    can we stay in the same room at the hotel ??
    we planned to go to alexandria next month ... 

• I don't see any reason why you can't stay in the same hotel room as your husband, you should be fine.
  • because we're not officially married ... only married  in islam (Nikah)... and i know that if one of us is an egyptian ... we can't stay together in the same room if we not officially married ... that's why i worry :(
  • MomO your partner is a US citizen you are Thai therefore as foreigners you should be able to share a room. By the way he is NOT your husband.
    If you marry in a religious ceremony in Thailand you must go immediately to the Amphur office and register the marriage and a civil marriage certificate will be issued legalising the marriage. As you have not done this you are not legally married.

• Hi momo,
    As Alethia and Anya have said, it shouldn't be a problem for you to share a room. Whether you are married or not isn't relevant if you are tourists travelling on foreign passports. If he is using his American passport there shouldn't be an issue.
  • It looks there shouldn't b eay issue.
  • write in single paper that mr and miss  tatatattat   are married  for the life   and that's all   

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged