Cook Islands - Work Permit
  • I would like know some site with a guide to get a Cook islands Work Permit. Also know all the medical tests i need do to get this visa. Thank´s!
  • Hey Cris, does this help at all?

The Entry, Residence and Departure Act 1977 states that anyone other than a Cook Islands citizen or permanent resident who wishes to live and work on the Islands must first obtain a work and residence permit.

A business or employer can apply for a work permit on behalf of an expatriate employee. As a rule, a permit is issued for a year, and is renewable on application by the employer. The work permit is tied to the applicant's employer and is not transferable to another employment.

For those seeking a 3-year work permit or short-term work permit (including journalists, photographers and television crew), permission should be sought through the following contact:

Mr. Tutai Toru
    Principal Immigration Officer
    Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Immigration
    PO Box 105
    Avarua, Rarotonga
    COOK ISLANDS
    Telephone: (682) 29-347
    Facsimile: (682) 21-247
  • Thanks for that information David..
    My wife is a nurse, although Europeans, we have all NZ residencies, one of my sons a NZ citizen. Would you happen to know if this makes moving to the cooks any easier.
    Its hard to find much information on moving to the cooks TBH. We might end up having to got there and knock on a few doors.

Regards Bob
  • Hi, I am a pakistani national can I apply for a residence visa of cook islands for me and my family of four I love this place and I wish stay there for a long period please reply
  • Hi I am wondering if any could tell me what medical examinations I require for a Cook Island permit or is it the same as New Zealand requirements?
  • I'm a Nigerian, i would love to travel to cook island on visit. i have tried all means to get the location of Cook's Embassy here in Nigeria, and all effort proves abortive. Could you please tell how to go about getting the visa easily?
    i await your urgent response. thanks so much.............

Michael Campbell.Lagos-Nigeria.
  • I’m Irish seeking seeking to live and work on the cook islands, How to I apply for the appropriate Visa?
  • Hi, I am from BANGLADESH.
    Can I apply for a residence visa of cook islands for me,my wife and my three son. I love this place and I wish stay there for a long time.
    Plz tell me how can i get the visa.
    Tq M.K.Nazmul Hasan
  • I'm from PNG & would like to work in Cooks Islands in the Welfare Sector; how do I obtain a visa for a family of 5 (2 Adults & 3 Children)
    Thanks
  • pls dear readers am planning on moving to cook island. am a nigerian staying in Lagos Nigeria. pls someone tell me how to achieve this successfully. my contacts are Ojinuj@yahoo.com +2348168651240
  • Hi, I am from INDIA.
    Can I apply for a residence visa of cook islands for me & my wife and my one son. I love this place and I wish stay there for a long time.
    Plz tell me how can i get the visa.
    Amanpreet Singh.my e-mail I.D. is ( asingh.romy@yahoo.co.uk )
    i'm stay two year in LONDON, i did cook job in food factory there.
  • Please I will like to know if there are job opportunities in cook island because am planning to relocate there soon from Sierra Leone.
  • Hi, I am a pakistani national can I apply for a residence visa of cook islands for me and my family
  • Hi, I am a Medical Doctor. I would like to apply for a job in Cook Islands at clinics or hospitals. Where I must apply? Also for private work : can I estabilish a clinic (medical office) for myself. I have worked 14 years in Asia  and South Africa as a PMO. Thank you.   

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion