Visa to Vietnam
  • I am wondering about the cost and time to have a visa of 6 months to Vietnam.
  • Dear Sir,

May I how many people do you have?

what nationality are you?

Pls contact us!

Best Cruises Co.,Ltd

Address: No 129, Le Loi Street, Halong City, Hanoi, Vietnam
    Email: halongbestcruises@gmail.com
    Tel: + 84.988.600.388, +844.815.919
    Fax: + 84.3629.030, + 843.815.919
  • Hi Imogen,
    A couple of questions that might help us answer your original question:
    What nationality are you?
    What type of visa will you be applying for? (Business/tourist/single entry/multiple entry etc...)
    Will you be applying for the visa from your home country or from a different country?
    Will you be flying into Vietnam or do you intend using a land border (China/Laos/Cambodia)?

The best advice I can give you is that you have a look at these embassy contacts for Vietnam, and then give your local Vietnamese embassy a call and ask them how long the processing times are etc...

The Vietnamese embassy's page in America states that it takes five working days to process a visa request and issue a visa. When I was in Cambodia it took the Vietnamese Embassy in Pnom Phenh about a week to issue a visa for my South African passport, but there is a consulate in Sihanoukville that issues Vietnamese visas on the same day to US and UK passport holders (and probably a number of other countries too). From what I remember my visa cost me either US$30 or US$40, but that may have changed and it may also be different depending on where you are applying from.

Hope this helps and write here and tell us about your trip once you've been - it's a fantastic country and the Vietnamese food is some of the best cuisine in the world.
    Also, beware of the coffee - it's got a real kick :)
  • Hi,
    im from malaysia and will tour wif 3 freind to HCM by this coming July. how to apply the tourist visa? fyi we will be there for 4 days 3 night.

Thanks
  • Yana,

Malaysian will get landing Visa in HCMC or Hanoi
  • You can now process your visa for Vietnam on line. Google "visa for Vietnam" and you will be able to download a form requesting entry. You'll need to pay 20US$ for the form ..... and have 2 x passport photos.... and 25US$ for immigration on arrival at airport where you will be issued with a visa.
  • Hi I'm going to HCMC in March 2012. Do Malaysian apply for visa to enter ?
    How do I get a visa. Thanks..
  • Yana and Sharie, most citizens of ASEAN member countries (e.g. Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Laos) do not need visas to travel to Vietnam within thirty days. Just come and show your passport, as you would if you were travelling to Singapore or Indonesia. Hope you enjoy your stay! Am going tomorrow for my yearly break. Excited!
  • I am a US Citizen, My husband is a citizen of the UK but lives in America with a valid greencard and resident card, we are going on a cruise to Ho Chi, How will the visa work for him, the ship said I can get one but he can't ?????????
  • Dear Imogen,
    Please inform that the longest validity of vietnam visa at present is 3 months. if you wish to stay longer, you are advise to extend your visa for 3 months. To apply vietnam visa on arrival, what you have to do is fill out application form, pay service fee (USD 30 for 3 month single entry visa, USD 35 for 3 month multiple entry visa) and get your visa approval letter within 2 working days since the day you submit the application.
    Hopefully, this information is helpful for you. if you have any question, please go to www.vietnamvisa-easy.com
  • Dear Imogen,
    Please tell me your nationality
    I think I could help you in this matter.
    Cheers,
    Tommy
  • Why don't you choose visa on arrival Mr. Imogen? I think it is very cheap, convenient and safe. Many websites can support for you, you can seach "vietnam visa" or "vietnam visa on arrival". I hope you have the best choice for your situation.
  • Anyone would like to visit Vietnam now should choose to do Visa on arrival to save their time and cost. It is much more comfortable than doing an Embassy Visa.
  • It is widely said thatthe procedure of obtaining a visa at Embassy is more complicated and time consuming than that in online travel agent.

There are so many online 
    tourism bussiness that may help you solve easily and simply this
    requirement , but the fees maybe different due to each bussiness, so you should
    research carefully to choose what bussiness can offer you the best services. If
    you need, i can give you a suggestion ( http://evietnamvisa.org/faqs/ )  You can totally put your belief on their
    staff, they provide a resonable price and time saving.

To apply for vietnam visa arrival, you have to fill in the application form, pay the service fee, and then the travel agent will email you the visa approval letter, next, print it out, and bring it with you to the vietnam airport. Done!! That's all.

I give you more details about the service fee:

- 1 month single entry: 19$

- 1 month multiple entry: 24$

- 3 month single entry: 29$

- 3 month multiple entry: 60$

Anyway, i live in Hanoi, if you come to Vietnam, you can
    contact with me, this is a pleasure to me to become your new friend :P

Wish you have a happy trip. Welcome to my country!!!  :-* :-* :-*

Goodbye and see ya!!![/left]

• Bicycleme no one should ever use an agent to obtain a visa for Vietnam. The following instructions are taken from the Vietnamese government.

We do not recommend visa-on-arrival and online visa. These types of visa are issued by un-recognised websites with no connections with the embassy. We cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travelers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa. Please read the updated Travel Advice by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/vietnam)

• Alethia, 
    I know very clearly that goverment often gives consumers the information that visa on arrival and visa online is scam, I can said that this action of vietnamese embassy tricks foreigners out of information.

Let's me settle your doubt; First of all,  I can confirm that e- vietnam visa totally is
    NOT a scam, this is definitely a
    legtimate process and your visa is issued by the Vietnam Department, “e visa-
    visa on arrival” is stated in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam Article 24, 1999,
    clause #6, Chapter II. I quote them here for you:

As indicated in the Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam (No. 24/2000/PL- UBTVQH 10 of April 28,2000), Chapter III, Article 6, foreigners are granted entry at International Border gate point under the following conditions:
    a) They enter for funerals of their relatives, for visits to their seriously ill relatives;
    b) They depart from countries where Vietnamese diplomatic missions and/or Consulates are not available.
    c) They enter for visit under programs organized by international tour enterprises of Vietnam;
    d) They enter to provide urgent technical support for programs, projects, to give first- aid to seriously ill person, accident victims, to provide rescue for victims of natural disasters and epidemics in Vietnam.
    e) For other urgent reasons.
    Except for condition C, in which customers will have to deal with a visa agency who will forward the applications over to the immigration office, the rest of conditions need to be verified and pre-approved by Vietnamese embassies and consulates abroad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged