Northern beaches in India
  • Hi,
    We arrive in Mumbai on june 20. We're travelling for two weeks and want some nice beach time. Can you suggest other beaches than Goa, due to the monsoon? Tried Google Maps but couldn't see any other sun/beach on the west coast but i reckon I missed a few?
  • It might be a little far to travel, depending on your budget and how much time you'll have in the country, but I would highly, highly recommend Gokarna beach, in Karnataka province.

It's a very easy-going, sleepy place, not over-run by tourists, and with no loud trance music for miles and miles!
  • Juhu Beach in Mumbai is the most important beach on the shores of Arabian Sea and is one of the posh localities of Mumbai where one could find the bungalows of the eminent film personalities of Bollywood. It's also a favorite shooting destination for the filmmakers as several film shootings are held there. One can find many luxury hotels and apartments on the southern end of the beach which are regarded as a favorite hangout place of Mumbai's movers and shakers. The beach which almost seems isolated during weekdays always tends to get very crowded on weekends.
  • Gokarna town has it's own beach that's popular with pilgrims. However, the beaches that are of most interest to tourists are located one after another a short distance away. There are four of them called Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Halfmoon Beach, and Paradise Beach. Each has its own appeal. Om Beach is the most happening beach, and is the only one that's reachable by car or rickshaw. The others are around a 20 minute hike away from each other through the hills and over rocks, or a short boat ride away. The last beach, Paradise Beach, is not much more than a tiny protected cove that's a patch of hippie paradise.
  • You can go Goa from Mumbai because Goa is hub of beaches in the world. It has many types of beaches so that you can take fully enjoy for your trip.
  • Andaman and nicobar islands have the best beaches in india! Laid back and beautiful water for diving/snorkeling
    I recently stayed at Munjoh resort on Havelock island. Had a fantastic time.
    you can contact them on www.munjoh.com
  • You can go Goa from Mumbai because Goa is hub of beaches in the world.
  • The beach stretches from Candolim to Baga and bears the name of “Queen of Beaches”. Here you can sunbathe or practice water sports, go for a snack or just enjoy a relaxing day at the beach.
  • Diu ....
    Mandvi....
    in Gujrat
    But i always suggest Goa
  • The best India beaches can be found on the west coast. Here's where to look.
    Pololem: Goa
    Baga: GOa
    Marari: Kerala
  • Yes, no Doubt its good place to visit.!! My last trip was Darjeeling.
  • Can anyone suggest a relatively safe but inexpensive part of India to live in for a few years, and not too urbanised?
  • I think Goa will be the best place for visit. It has a nice sea beach and i hope you will like it.
  • I will suggest you visit or spend your vacation in malvan it is also best destination for beach lovers. There are lots of beaches and other places to enjoy your holidays just book malvan beach hotel and enjoy your holidays.
  • Miami BeachFort LauderdaleWest Palm BeachKey WestOrlando,Cocoa Beach etc but i like miami beach. It is very nice.
  • Alexander, your spam is really irritating.

Cheers,
    Terry

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion