Spanish visa with tickets to Paris
  • I'm going to EU from the US for a vacation, need a visa because I'm a Russian citizen. I'm going to stay mostly in Spain (8 out of 14 days), but plan to enter France first. Is it a problem for Spanish consulate that I have my round trip tickets to and from Paris?
  • You should apply for your Schengen visa from the first country you enter in the Schengen area, in this case it is France, The Schengen visa allows you to visit other countries in the group, in this case Spain with no problem.
    So you do not need to apply to the Spanish Consulate for a visa.
  • Here is what Spain Consulate has on its web site:
    "Short stay visa (Schengen visa) ... will be issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the
    country of your main destination or the one where you will spend the
    longer period of time
    ."

Here is what French have on their web site
    "If you intend to visit more than one Schengen country, you must apply at the Consulate of the country of your main destination, where you will be staying the longest.

• - Example #1: you arrive in France and stay for 5 days, then travel to Italy for 2 days = you must apply for your Schengen visa at the French consulate

- Example #2: you arrive in France and stay 2 days, then travel to Italy for 4 days = you must apply for your Schengen visa at the Italian consulate
    • "

Looks pretty straightforward, I need to apply with Spain and they should not have problem with my Paris tickets.

• So what will happen when you arrive at the French airport immigration with a Schengen visa for Spain? If you thought it was all so straight forward why ask our advice.
  • Hi Artem,
    You should be fine. It is standard procedure for a Schengen Visa to apply to the country you are staying longest. I recently visited two Schengen countries on a holiday and acquired a visa from the country I was staying in longest, as instructed. I had no problems with border control.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged