Packing list - what to pack when travelling abroad?
  • Hi,
    I thought I'd share with you the Top 10 Things I Pack First Before Going Abroad.

1.A book/magazine/or any other type of riveting reading material.
    2.A universal plug adapter
    3.Medicine
    4.Camera and related accessories
    5.Chargers
    6.Guidebooks/phrase books/maps
    7.Travel documents, and photocopies of travel documents
    8.Cell phone
    9.Small travel bag

Hope this information is being helpful for you.

Have a nice day!
  • hi, 
    I'm an Indian. And I'm planning to do my higher studies in canada. I got admission in one college at london, onatario, Canada. Since I'm not very sure about the culture and lifestyle of people of over there, can you please help me with some suggestions...... 
    like the pattern of dressing.  what does students generally wear at college if there is no uniform? jeans?
    Boots or shoes, should I buy a pair boots from India, 
    type of moisturizers etc. 

Thankyou
  • Jeans are a good place to start, as students in North America tend to dress very casually. Just keep in mind that it gets VERY cold in the winter (December to February), so you will most definitely need boots, a warm coat, gloves, and a hat.
  • Thank u Anya
  • Hi Nikitha,
    The thing to remember about Canada is that the seasons are so dramatically different! Winters are freezing and summers are hot, so you need to pack clothes for the full spectrum of weather. I was surprised in Canada both by the heat and the cold, so go prepared. Good luck!
  • I have family in Ontario and I have bought boots and winter coats in Canada even though I live in the UK winter in Canada is bitter cold and the Canadian clothing in my opinion is far more suited to the climate.
  • Very useful post. Sometimes we need suggestion from others to have a happy travel. 
  • Hey guyz 
    which things should be packed while travelling to Canada for highr education 
    Im done with all basic things which were mentioned above, for instance My documents,Clothes,Medicines,Thermals.
    should i carry Sleeping Bag along me.?
    But still I think im missing out few things..!!

• If you're going to be attending a university I'm assuming you have a place to stay, so I can't imagine you would need a sleeping bag.
  • hey all , 
    thank you so much for all of your informative and helpful comments ,
    i belongs to pakistan , after 3 days ( 6 august ) i will leave for   3 countries ,i.e., Malaysia , Thailand & Singapore.
    i have make cheaklist from all of your comments on which items are mentioned .
    thanks once again 
  • thnkiew Anya 
    But I'll have to search for Apartment Cuz ive no body staying there from my family.
    As i Checked Many sites providing Rental Apartment Details Where Beds weren't Given ..
    so I asked whrtr its good to carry a Sleeping Bag orh not..!!

• There is loads of student accommodation available throughout Canada with beds! 
  • thankiew Alethia for ua assistance :)
    anything that anybody would like to Advice or Add up that i may have forgotten which is of utmost importance .?
    Guyz its my First Experience ever From India To Canada _ Feeling Excited :)

• Hi Anish21, 
    Canada is an incredible country - I found it very easy to adjust to living there. Perhaps this Canada Travel Guide, and this Expat Guide to Canada will be of some use to you.
  • hey Ella Johnson,
    thanks for Ua Suggestions. It means A lot..
    :) 
  • According to me all the things that you required like ID proof, clothes according to weather, passports, money, daily used things, camera, phone, charger etc.

• Packing list when traveling abroad:
    1.     Address list and list of important contacts or numbers
    2.     Backpack, suitcase, sports bag
    3.     Paper or Notebook
    4.     Passport (check validity!)
    5.     Tickets and itinerary (airline, train, bus, accommodation bookings etc.)
    6.     Visa
    7.     Travel Insurance
    8.     ATM card
    9.     Cash in the local currency of your arrival destination
    10.     Credit card
    11.     Clothes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion