Medication: what's legal to bring in UAE?
  • Please can anyone tell me if Aspirin is illegal to take inot Dubai, I leave this Friday
  • You can bring in plain Aspirin but check first if the product is included on this list of banned substances: http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restricted_medication_.html
  • Thank you
    I have Portal vien thrombosis, and I am travelling from Australia.
    I have been asked to use injection by my Dr, but I thought I would opt for these Cartia tabs, which are 100mg asprin (acetylsalicylic acid) the other was Clexane Sodium injections (enoxaparin) I was unable to get any info here I went to many sites made several phone calls...so thank you so very much for your help.
  • Pauline - well, check the list above, and even if its not on there, bring your original prescription with you. Even if the meds are taken away at immigration, you can still get the prescription refilled at a private hospital in Dubai - and there are many there.
  • I have gone thru the list and it does not appear to be there, so I guess it should be all OK. And as you said, I can get it over there if needed should it be removed from me in Dubai, my main concern was Jail for illegal drugs. I have a letter from my GP and I will present this should anything happen plus I have the receipt of the goods purchased here in Australia. Once again thankyou kindly for your assistance in this matter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion