Is Kavos suitable for families
  • Hi, we have booked a holiday in Kavos for next summer with our travel agents, but looking at this site it now seems very unsuitable. I am taking my wife and two kids, we're in our late 20s but reading wordtravels.com and tripreport.com it seems that the resort is mostly for younger single people on the piss. I think it is too late for us to change our booking, so can anyone give us any comfort - any other families been to kavos recently?? J
  • No worries Jason. It is that kind of place Kavos....unfortunately...Make sure you have a car and travel around Corfu. If you do that you 'll have some memorable holidays....Corfu is a beautiful island. Nasos
  • Hi Jason, Kavos is probably not suitable for a young family, but as corfu is a small island you can hire a car and go to the local towns which are not too far from Kavos. I would recommend a lovely little town called benitses, the people are great and the food is amazing. There aren't too many tourist either so you can really enjoy your surrondings.

have fun
  • I agree with some of the reports you have already received. This resort is for fun loving foot loose singles. Why not consider swapping the holiday before it is too late. Try Hisaronu/Ovacik on the Turquoise Coast of Turkey. It is an absolute stunning location and as a large ex pat British community in addition to a host of Bars, Restaurants and Shops catering predominantly for the Brits. Turkey also as the advantage of being outside the Euro Zone so you money will go a lot further. Holiday experts have identified Turkey & Egypt as the hot spot destinations for 2009
  • J what you have to remember is it will only be clubby/busy at night and day time all the pee head are asleep from night before :) These places tend to have lots of waterparks and amusements so plenty to do for the kids and younger people not out till late when you are prob done for the evening so don't worry x
  • Hi J! I am in the same bat as you? we hav also booked as a family for next summer, i have 2 young boys? I was also in 2 minds but hav decided that the holiday will b wot u make of it, and at the end of the day, the young ones will be sleeping it off while we enjoy the resort???? hope it doesnt ruin your plans and that u enjoy your trip?
  • Yep...me too...same boat...

Booked a holiday with my family , 2 kids 11 and 9 and am now regretting it. I have already decided that the first thing I'm going to do is hire a car and get around the Island!
  • Me and my boyfirend are both in our early 20's but are not fussed on clubbing and the nightlife Kavos seems to offer. Unfortunately we did not research the resort before booking and we are going in June which is the start of the peak season. We are staying in a place called Aspro Kavos, which I believe is supposed to be the quieter end of Kavos. Has anyone been there before?
  • For more opinions of Kavos, read www.tripreport.com/resort/Greece/Corfu/Kavos
    There is quite a diversity of opinion there... although Soph no feedback yet on Aspro.
  • you should be Ok with Aspro kavos as there are a few all inclusive family orientated hotels there and its a mile or 2 out of the main town.
    Kavos itself is rowdy but you often find its the cheapest part of the island, which I'm guessing is why you all booked there?
    Speak to your travel agents and you should be able to change the holiday for an administration charge plus any difference in the holiday cost, as long as the holiday is with the same tour operator.
    As suggested you could just go and make the most of it. The advantage of staying in a busy town in that things are generally cheaper as there's more competition so you should find eating out and drinks will be cheaper and there'll be more choice than in a quieter town. You can take boat trips from Kavos orexplore the island by car.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged