Entering Canada from US
  • Can you enter Cananda if you are indicted for felony and out on bond and have court date after 8 weeks? This is an emergency situation and have to go for a weekend for a day? What Document do you need to enter Canada? I have Drivers Licence and Citizenship document but have no passport what do they require? do they have any records to not let me enter Cananda for a day?
  • Are you American or Canadian? Are you going by land, air...?

    You need a passport to enter Canada and also to re-enter the USA, from what I understand.

    As for the justice aspect of your question, CIC says:

    If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.

    Criminal offences include both minor and serious offences, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code.
  • I am an American but was not born in U S. Thank you.
  • The indictment that you have received will not allow you to enter Canada until you are acquitted. Also you do need a US passport to enter CAN.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion