Travel Around Africa - border problems
  • I am planning to travel around eastern and southern Africa in 2010, taking maybe 9 months to see as many countries as possible.

How easy is it, as a British citizen, to just 'turn up' at a border and be let into a country? I've seen statements such as "proof of onwards travel" and "sufficient funds" mentioned on numerous websites, but how is this possible if I am to travel on small, local forms of transport?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
  • It really depends on each country. Draw up a list of your destinations, then cross reference visa requirements using Word Travels' visa section for each country. Backpackers are almost never questioned around sufficient funds etc so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just expect to pay a lot of little "gifts" at border posts to clear up queries.
  • David F said it but the gifts are not a must if your papers are up-to date and you plan early,secure the visa in good time and you are done.
    draw up your itinerary and lets exchange the best option as where fast.
    ndiritu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion