Passport question for travel to mexico from canada
  • I am travelling to Mexico this Christmas for one week, returning on December 31st. My passport expires on January 20th in 2010. Does it matter that the expiry date is so close to my trip dates?
  • It shouldnt be a problem. I would reccomend that as soon as you return to renew your passport though
  • I AM GOING TO MEXICO AT CHRISTMAS, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A cANADIAN NEEDS A VISA AND A PASSPORT??????????
  • I am a travel agent in Canada. You need a passport to go to Mexico - you don't need a visa
    Re- expiry date - I recommend you get your passport renewed before you go. Most countries require your passport to be valid for 6 months after the date of your departure. You don't say what country you are from, but since you will have to renew it anyway - I suggest you that before you go.
  • Hi,

As the travel agent said, some countries require that your passport be valid for 6 months after the date of departure. Call the Mexican Embassy in your country and ask them. They should be able to give you a definitive answer.

Lee
    www.kumuka.com
  • Most contries require a passport with expiration date not less than 6 months ahead of travel date to enter their territory. This means that if you are travelling in Christmas, you passport exiration date should be not less than June 2010. I strongly recommend you to renew your pasport.
  • How about permanent resident of Canada? Do they need visa to travel to Mexico?
    If a visa is required, how to apply it? What is the cost?

Thanks!
  • Canadians do not need a visa to go to Mexico.

Lee
    www.kumuka.com
  • My family is travelling from Canada to Mexico. We are bringing our son's girlfriend who is 17. Does anyone know if a notarized letter of consent is required by her parents?
  • Does mexico require a passport to be renewed a certain time period before the date of travel?
  • i dont think it should be a problem. you probably still want to renew though....
  • A friend and I wish to take an epic journey into the Yukon by auto starting in the State of Washington. He wants to take his dog, and since we would like to camp in the wilderness, he's wondering about a rifle. Where can I get information about what sort of papers and permits we might need? Thanks. Doogs
  • Anyone got any ideas abou a South African passport holder living in Canada (with PR status), travelling to Mexico? Do I need a visa and if so, how do I go abou getting one in thge Vancouver area?
  • I am wondering about my wife been a immigrant of Canada does she need a visa to go to Mexico?????she has a PR card or immigration papers is that all we need??? i have canadain passport she doesn't??????

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged