Cayman Islands Cruise
  • My husband and I are going on a cruise to the Cayman Islands, docking at Grand Cayman, and are interested in shore excursions on the island. What are the best things to see and do on Grand Cayman? Thanks
  • Hello

Grand Cayman is quite small. My personal favorite is sting ray city, which is a trip on a catamaran out to the reef to snorkel and pet beautiful giant sting rays. A popular spot on the island is going to Hell...a volcanic lava area which must resemble that place according to the locals. My second favorite spot is the Turtle Farm, an interesting educational experience on restoring sea turtle populations in the Caribbean. Although a lot of people also go snorkeling or scuba diving, it has become so popular it is like a cattle run...so I would avoid that unless you must do it.

Next time, book with us and we will give you all the information in advance :-))

Have fun

Lilliam Larsen
    General Manager/VP of Marketing
    Monarch Tours
    www.monarchtours.net
  • My favourite dry excursion is a helicopter trip. This is with Cayman Islands Helicopters. They do a special shortened tour for cruise passengers. You will be able to book this on the ship, or by visiting their website http://www.caymanislandshelicopters.com/index.html for a discount. It is great fun and the pilot is excellent. If you visit my website http://holidaysinthecaymanislands.co.uk/about-the-islands/what-to-do/ there is a link to a guide to the Cayman Islands. This guide includes discount vouchers if you prefer to book direct.
  • Hell seems to be a bit overrated unless you're really into tourist kitsch. Boatswain's Beach is one of the best attractions in the Cayman Islands, with a lot of opportunities to interact with the animals.

If you want to enjoy a beautiful beach, Seven Mile Beach isn't far from George Town, which is where most cruises to Grand Cayman dock, although Rum Point is usually less crowded.

Here's a list of attractions on Grand Cayman to get a few more ideas.
  • Sting Ray City is the must do thing in Cayman - let us take you there from our private dock and boats. Happy guests are our number one goal. At the park we also have the most adorable dolphins and incredibly entertaining staff that safely take you into the world of dolphins. A photo says a thousand words. These photos say 10 thousand words.

-Attraction type Nature/ Wildlife Areas
    -Distance 9.6 miles from city center

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged