Best affordable accommodation in Cape Town for 2010 World Cup?
  • I'm flying out from Germany for the FIFA World Cup later this year and plan on spending most of my time in Cape Town, although I will be venturing to PE to see a few games.

I'm looking for some accommodation for 2 people in Cape Town, relatively close to the stadium, which I'm told is close to most of Cape Town's attractions. Does anyone know of some good guesthouses, or bed and breakfast lodges close to the staidum where i can stay? I've looked at the nearby hotels but they are mostly booked out already.

Please, I would very much appreciate for some people to give me some names of accommodations in the Cape Town area.
    Thank you
    Sophie
  • Hi Sophie

South Africa in general is almost fully booked for the World Cup, so it is important to book sooner rather than later. I've had luck using www.places.co.za for finding available guest houses in Cape Town. I think Greenpoint might be full already, but try the surrounding neighbourhoods of Sea Point, Cape Town City Centre (City bowl), Tamboerskloof, or Gardens.
  • Hi Sophie,
    Which games in PE? I live in Grahamstown (125 kms from the PE stadium) and will be going to four of the first round matches myself. I can probably put you in touch with contacts here in Grahamstown if you like.

Roddy
  • I accomadation if you are still intersted. it is about 14km away
    email you details to iddixon@telkomsa.net.
    we can take it from there.
    Imelda
  • I was looking for accomodation in cape town for the world cup and found a greta deal at Obviouzly Armchair Backpackers in Observatory. It is 15 minutes from the stadiuim. have a look at their website. www.obviouzlyarmchair.com.
  • I used to live in Obz and it is never 15 mins from the stadium. Maybe if you're Usain Bolt and you run there. Or you have a jet pack and can fly in. Otherwise its an hour on match day - trust me.. Only super close accommodation in Cape topwn is Greenpoint or Seapoint. Obz is good value though and quite a fun place, plus there is a fanpark there which will be cool to watch games at.
  • Hi
    I live in Cape Town and have accomodation available at affordable rates, NOT World Cup rates. It's about 20 km away from Cape Town Stadium. Give me a shout on Jasonpbrown2@yahoo.com for further info.
  • Hi this is accommodationcentresa, we have accommodation near the stadium in Greenpoint, sea-point and all surrouding areas, contact Caroline at +270843063459
  • If u plan on extenting to Pietermaritzburg, drop me an email amanda@mandamoira.com I have friends in PE & they would be more than glad to drive u around PE, etc...
  • The final sales phase has started, better hurry up and grab your ticket, flight and hotel!!!
    Start here
    http://bestworldcuphotelssite.com/
  • LMR Lodge is in Observatory, Cape Town. We provide comfortable and affordable accommodation that is ideally located, close to the public transport network (walking distance to the train station and taxis), and to the humming nightlife that characterises the area. We are a 10 minute drive to and from the airport, and less than 2km away from the city centre.

We have the cheapest rates in Cape Town for the World Cup. A double or twin ensuite room is just R295 per person per day. A dorm room (max 4 beds, also with ensuite) is just R195 per person per day.

Check us out at www.lmrlodge.co.za or email us at bookings@lmrlodge.co.za.
  • Hi! my name is Thembela i live in Hermanus and i was hoping to find an affordable accommodation of 2, for me and my Boyfriend. It must be situated in Cape Town, please send me all the neccessary costs urgently or call me on my mobile number at (071) 913 5594.
  • Hi, I am an agent in the atlantic seaboard and do have accomodation for the world cup please look at our website www.ahprestige.co.za and go to world cup rentals
  • We have a 2 bedroomed, fully furnished holiday apartment located right on Fish Hoek beach in Cape Town, with spectacular views of the beachfront right across the road. We are also running a special rate for the period of the World Cup 2010 and discounts are given for longer rental periods. Check our website for more details. http://www.moonlittide.co.za/
  • Looks like supply is exceeding demand ... Great news for last minute World Cup visitors! My advice: bargain hard and you'll get even better deals..
  • Need accommodation for world cup in cape town south africa go to airbnb, view any of my properties listed and book.
  • Yes, I've used Airbnb.com recently for my stay in New York - worked brilliantly.
  • Hi there all you soccer lovers , There is a lot of homestay opportunities , inclusive of Breakfast and transport from and to Airport as well as to and from Stadium inclusive, they also do local 1 and more day tours of Cape Town and winelands .Mail me if you are interested. Pricing , at 50% of WCS rate .
    and saFe . ( wcs2010.weebly.com )
  • Hi Sophie

I have the rightr place for you, at the right price, One of the very few establishments that havent increased our Prices for the world cup.

You are in the Cape Town CBD, Close to all facilities and amenities, and you can grab a world cup shuttle.

Inbox me for more details: 226flat@gmail.com

Thanks
    Jerome

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion